Your wedding band is one of the only pieces of jewelry that you will wear every single day, for a lifetime. When picking out your wedding band, whether it’s plain or textured, the width of the band can affect your overall look and vibe. The slightest millimeter difference makes a big impact on the finished look.
Most men's wedding bands are between 6 and 8mm, depending on the wearer's finger and hand size. If you are planning to go to a jewelry retailer to try on wedding bands for the first time, a good starting point is to try on a 6mm band and adjust to larger or smaller depending on how you like the look.
A "narrow band" refers to a men's wedding band with a width between 2 mm and 6 mm. Narrow wedding bands are recommended for men who:
- have a ring size under 9 (US size)
- have smaller hands
- have more slender fingers and don't want the ring to look overpowering
- have never worn a ring before
A "wide band" refers to a men's wedding band with a width of 7mm or more. Wider bands tend to be more expensive due to the amount of metal being used. Wide wedding bands are recommended for men who:
- have a ring size over 9 (US size)
- are bigger or have a broader body type
- have larger hands and prefer a more masculine look
- are used to wearing rings
- want their wedding band to really stand out on their hand
There are no set or rules that dictate what width you should choose for your wedding band. Ultimately, the perfect width comes down to your own personal preference. Get in touch with us now to create your Bespoke wedding band.